Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pink is Still the Best



I bought some angora yarn from Little Knits a while back, as in maybe ten years ago or more. It was a really good deal and very pretty yarn, but it just sat in my knitting basket making me feel a little guilty. After finishing my last cowl, I got the bright idea to knit one with some of my pink angora.This is called Forest Park Cowl.  I knit it for a friend who likes pastels a lot, and I think she'll like it. The only problem is that the forecast says we'll be having temps in the mid 70s this week. I feel like our winter weather window has closed!


So, I'm not excited about the fact that it's already getting so warm in February, but I do love how my garden is beginning to look. I have johnny-jump-ups popping up everywhere.

I'm like the Johnny Appleseed of johnny-jump-ups. Every year, I'll spread the seed pods all over the yard, and now they just self sow. I've done the same thing with little white chrysanthemums, which are pretty much like weeds, so I shouldn't get so excited about growing them, but it's fun to have the yard start to get so colorful.

2 comments:

wildtomato said...

This California "winter" is unusually warm! I started seaming up a wool/hemp hoodie, then stopped because I was feeling uninspired because it's t-shirt weather here.

I love those flowers. I didn't know their name until now. And that cowl? Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Easy "water hack" burns 2 lbs OVERNIGHT

Well over 160k men and women are trying a easy and SECRET "liquids hack" to drop 1-2lbs each and every night while they sleep.

It's effective and it works on everybody.

Just follow these easy step:

1) Go get a clear glass and fill it up half the way

2) Then use this weight loss hack

and be 1-2lbs lighter when you wake up!